Monday, November 17, 2014

More About Shoes

Nearly two years ago I wrote about buying a new pair of running shoes. Those crappy things lasted about a month before both sides of both shoes blew out. I took them back and was given only a small portion of my money back towards a new pair. According to Sport Chek, no receipt = no leverage. I gave New Balance another try in case I just got a lemon and I'm glad I did. That replacement pair has finally been replaced because it looked like the original pair. It took a year and a half of 3-4 days a week through mud, dust, snow, over rocks, logs, and pavement. The sides had huge tears and they smelled awful, but until the soles started detaching they were still comfortable for a one hour jaunt in the dark morning.



I bought a new pair exactly the same back in Spring because I figured the old ones were going to disintegrate any day and I wanted to be ready. Those new ones sat in the closet ready for 6 months. I took the new ones out yesterday, so they have a bit of mud on them, but they still look brand new. I'm enthusiastic about seeing how many miles they will cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment